Our Stop Gap Grants can provide you with immediate support to help manage urgent financial needs
Our grant is there to help during times of financial shortfall. We have to carefully consider where the financial need is most acute and where our limited grants will have the greatest impact.
We would highly recommend that before you apply for a Stop Gap Grant you explore other means of managing your income, expenditure, and any debt:
- Please complete a budget plan to have a clear record of your financial situation. You could contact our 24-hour Support Line on 0800 054 0000, asking for some financial guidance around reducing outgoings, benefits, arrears and debt. They may also point out other potential sources of financial support.
- If you are in arrears with priority bills (such as your rent, mortgage, utilities, or council tax) you should contact your landlord, mortgage or utility provider, or local council. You may be able to arrange a repayment plan, a payment holiday or sign up to the Mortgage Charter.
- For free, confidential debt advice, contact Stepchange or the National Debtline.
- Please complete a benefit checker to ascertain whether you are entitled to any benefits. The charity may not be in a position to award a grant where a statutory benefit is available.
- The Charity may decide not to provide a grant where there are accessible savings (see our guidance for excluded savings) or household income
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Work in a behind-the-scenes role in film or television in the UK
- Be involved in creating or distributing entertainment that is shown in cinemas, broadcast on UK TV channels or on-demand services, or streamed on pay-to-view digital platforms.
- Not be an actor, presenter or other onscreen talent.
How long do you need to have been working in the industry?
You will have had at least 40 days of paid work in the last 18 months or have worked at least two years in film and TV and are seeking funding to return to work after a career break.
Support for cinema workers:
We provide limited support to front-of-house cinema workers, including free access to our Support Line and online resources, but are only able to provide financial support including our stop-gap grants to individuals from back office or technical teams that have worked full-time in the cinema trade for at least 18 months in the last two years.
Please read our full eligibility criteria and guidance to find out more before completing your application below.
Stop Gap Grant Application
Welcome to the Film and Television Charity. Calls are recorded for the purposes of quality and staff training. This is a confidential service, however, there are some exceptions to this and these are where there may be a risk to your own health and safety, that of others or if you have been involved in a crime. An advisor will be with you shortly, Thank You.
All of our advisors are busy at the moment. Would you like to book an appointment?
An error occurred, please refresh your browser to try again.