The Film and TV industry can be a tough industry to work in.
As you know, the nature of Film and TV work can be irregular and it’s not always possible to see where your income is coming from more than a few months ahead.
Finding yourself suddenly out of work, or unable to work, is not unusual. You may find yourself in one of these common situations:
- Forced to put your career on hold or stop working to look after children or care for a sick or elderly relative
- Lost your job and are now struggling to make ends meet until you find another project
- Trying to return to the jobs market after an extended break but struggling with applications
- Nearing retirement but work has dried up and left you with a shortfall until you start receiving your pension
- Between projects with no income
If so, we can help. It doesn’t matter if you’re unsure whether we can help or not, our process will match you with the right programme or funding for your specific needs.
The impact of losing your job or being out of work for a prolonged period takes a toll on your finances.
We’ve provided support for individuals (and their families) who have suffered financially from being out of work, and who just needed financial assistance until they were able to find work again.
Some of the situations we’ve supported include:
- Covering short-term childcare costs
- Helping with costs of repairs or replacement of equipment
- Helping with travel and subsistence expenses for networking or interviews
- Providing financial assistance for urgent bills and rent or mortgage arrears
- Offering financial help with costs of retraining and attending courses
We also understand that being out of work has a price regarding your health and wellbeing.
That’s why we’re also here to support you if you’re feeling depressed, anxious or worried about your situation or just need someone to talk to. Contact us and you’ll be able to speak to one of our team in confidence and even anonymously if you so wish.