Helping with the cost of travel
The UK may boast one of the most dynamic Film & TV sectors in the world. But if you live outside one of the centres of production in the UK, it can cause real problems. The cost of travel has risen dramatically in the last few years.
This means that if you’re planning to travel to another part of the country for work reasons, it can be a serious problem due to affordability.
Working in the Film & TV industry, we understand the importance of staying in touch with your career.
- If you’re temporarily out of work or between projects
- If you’re working but currently on a low income
- If you’re getting back into the Film & TV industry after a period out of work
- If you’re a carer or juggling with looking after children
We’ve helped Film & TV industry professionals with travel expenses to cover exactly these situations.
Unfortunately, like many other professions, being able to meet people face-to-face is still a major part of working life. This means you need to be prepared to travel for work.
How we can help
Here are a few of the situations we’ve helped with travel costs for:
- To attend work/project meetings
- To meet with potential employers or recruiters
- To attend meetings with other industry professionals
- To stay in touch with your network at meetings or industry events
- To attend workshops or training to ensure you’re staying ahead of technology and your skills are up-to-date
The majority of people who we provide travel assistance are those who are on low income, are out of work or are looking to get back into the jobs market after having children or looking after a loved one.
We’re able to provide support a number of ways, including the North East Travel and Subsistence Fund (NETS) [LINK: /funding-programmes] for screen industry professionals in the North East.
However, our support team can provide options for all situations. Contact us today and a member of the team will discuss your situation and provide some options.