Our Free Legal Advice Service
We offer free expert legal advice for anyone working behind the scenes in film, TV and cinema. Call us on 0800 054 0000.
Whether you’re a researcher or a writer, in casting or production, editing or sales, distribution or exhibition, we’re ready to help. One of our friendly team members will be able to guide you.
You can feel confident that all our services are free and confidential. Through the Support Line you can get advice on the following areas:
- Family Law – Divorce process, childcare arrangements, cohabitation rights, mediation, parental responsibility.
- Employment Law – Informal processes, mediation, grievances, appeals.
- Housing – Landlord & tenant disputes, leasehold & freehold liabilities, evictions, bailiffs, disputes with local authorities & housing associations.
- Wills & probate – Will writing information (We do not provide a will writing service, but we can talk through different options available), contesting a will and understanding legal will terminology.
- Civil litigation – Disputes between individuals, small, fast track & multi-track claims.
- Consumer Law – Rights & obligations after purchasing products or services.
- Company Law – Rights & liabilities companies and individual company owners.
- Criminal Law – Rights following arrest, understanding potential offence sanctions and court processes.
- Motoring – Insurance disputes, parking fines including private & council, speeding fines, DVLA requirements.
- Medical negligence – Duty of care, breach of duty, causation, damages, court action.
- Personal injury – Vicarious liability, elements for a valid personal injury claim, court action.
- Education – School admissions, appeals, complaints, nursery fees.
- Healthcare/Eldercare – Power of attorney, deputyship, care fees, choosing a care home.
- Debt – Dealing with creditors, debtors, bailiffs, CCJs.
- Finance-Legislation regarding credit protection, ISAs, and Tax information
Video Series – Legal Tuesdays
In addition to our Live Chat and Support Line, we have teamed up with Mayer Brown’s James Whitaker to launch a series of bitesize videos on key legal issues.
The videos are made up of a series of eight videos on our Youtube Channel
The full line-up of content is as follows:
- Copyright – overview
- Dealing with copyright – key issues
- Dealing with copyright – assignment and licensing
- The importance of contracts
- Chain of title – what is it and why is it important?
- Commonly encountered agreements – part 1
- Commonly encountered agreements – part 2
- The importance of insurance
Welcome to the Film and Television Charity. Calls are recorded for the purposes of quality and staff training. This is a confidential service, however, there are some exceptions to this and these are where there may be a risk to your own health and safety, that of others or if you have been involved in a crime. An advisor will be with you shortly, Thank You.
All of our advisors are busy at the moment. Would you like to book an appointment?
An error occurred, please refresh your browser to try again.