Patron, Vice Patrons and Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees meets quarterly. Each trustee serves for a period of three years and at the end of this term, may be re-elected by the Board at the annual retirement meeting (unless they have previously served three terms).
Our 9 current trustees are from various corners of the business, screen and entertainment worlds. They are: Andrew Wilson-Mouasher, John Pike, Deborah Rozansky, Joseph Adesunloye, Juliet Gilkes Romero, Melanie Tansey, Sara Putt and Suki Gill with Cameron Saunders currently elected as Acting Chair.
Our Patron is Her Majesty the Queen and we’re also supported by our Vice Patrons, who include several past Presidents.
The charity’s view of governance
The Board recently commissioned a governance review from the Cass Business School Centre for Charity Effectiveness.
The review followed the seven principles of the Charity Commission’s Charity Governance Code for Larger Charities, to help the Board to understand both what it’s doing well and make recommendations for further improvements. Overall, it commended the governance of the charity and we are implementing the recommendations agreed by the Board.
What good governance looks like
The charity has set out the following as what it deems to be good governance:
- The Board of Trustees should advance the Charity’s objects
- The Board should safeguard the Charity’s assets
- The Board should ensure the Charity is accountable
- The Board should properly represent the interests of stakeholders
- The Board should be effective
- There should be a clear division of responsibilities
- The Board should have proper oversight of the Charity
- The Trustees should be independent and impartial
- Recruitment of Trustees should be transparent
- The Board should be trained and inducted
Our two committees
The Film and TV Charity currently has two committees:
- The Finance Committee has Suki Gill as Chair, with John Pike and Melanie Tansey as trustee committee members.
- The Appointments and Remuneration Committee has Cameron Saunders as Chair, with John Pike and Melanie Tansey as trustee committee members.
Detailed terms of reference for the Board of Trustees and the committees are approved by the Board. The committees act as a liaison between the Board and the management team and report back to the Board at quarterly Trustee meetings. To make sure the charity is able to draw on the widest pool of expertise and perspective, our committees may co-opt specialist advisors.
Our fundraising polices
We’re committed to our fundraising being legal, open, honest and respectful. If you’d like to know more about our fundraising, you can download our policies here:
Incorporated as a company registered in England and Wales limited by guarantee on 1 April 2004, The Film and TV Charity is a registered charity with the Charity Commission no. 1099660 and is governed by its Articles of Association which were last updated and approved by members in February 2015.