Eligibility criteria for The John Brabourne Awards.
To apply for a JBA, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- You possess the talent required to succeed within your chosen field
- You are in genuine need of financial assistance and our support will help you to overcome career hurdles in your personal and/or professional lives
- You are committed and driven to progress your career
- You have worked for a minimum of two years in the Film and/or TV industries (including aspects of online/digital broadcast). However, your experience does not have to be continuous and can be accumulative. Please note that your experience cannot include front of camera performance or presentation
- Your career focus should be primarily based within UK Film and/or TV at the time of applying
The important dates
We run two JBA rounds per year with deadlines of 31 January and 31 July.
The next round of the JBAs will open on 18 November, with a deadline of 31 January 2020.
You can register on the application site here – apply.filmtvcharity.org.uk.
If you’re invited for interview, it will take place at our head office in London. You will be able to claim travel expenses for the interview.