Here is the eligibility criteria for The John Brabourne Awards.
To apply for a JBA, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- You possess the talent required to succeed within your chosen field
- You are in genuine need of financial assistance and our support will help you to overcome career hurdles in your personal and/or professional lives
- You are committed and driven to progress your career
- You have worked for a minimum of two years in the Film and/or TV industries (including aspects of online broadcast). However, your experience does not have to be continuous and can be accumulative. Please note that your experience cannot include front of camera performance or presentation
- Your career focus should be primarily based within UK Film and/or TV at the time of applying
If you don’t meet the eligibility criteria
If you don’t meet the eligibility criteria for the John Brabourne Awards, please still get in touch. We may be able to help support you through another route. Contact us now.
The important dates
We run two JBA rounds per year with deadlines of 31 January and 31 July.
The latest round is now open for applications, with a deadline for applications of 31 January 2019. You can apply online at apply.filmtvcharity.org.uk.
If you’re invited for interview, it will take place at our head office, 22 Golden Square W1F 9AD. You will be able to claim travel expenses for the interview.