There are two rounds of the John Brabourne Awards each year with application deadlines of 31 January and 31 July.
The next round of the JBAs will have a deadline of 31 July 2018.
You can apply using our online application (please note that the application website is temporarily referencing CTBF), with the next round due to open on 14 May 2018. If you would like help through the application process, contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
The application process
To increase your chances of success, we advise reading the guidelines before applying and closely following the submission instructions.
The main elements of the JBA application are listed below:
- The reasons why you are applying for funding
- Your employment history
- Your personal financial details
- A budget of how you will spend the money if successful
- Details of any financial shortfall and how you would intend to meet it
- Your commitment and passion for your chosen field
- Two industry referees
- A portfolio of previous work or key industry achievements
Your application must be submitted by midnight of 31 January or 31 July. We’ll let you know we’ve received your application and are assessing it.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We review every application, including supporting material, and assess how useful our support will be by how well you demonstrate the following within your application:
- Your talent for your chosen field
- Your financial need, and the difficulties this presents in you progressing
- The strength of your strategy to succeed in your chosen career
The more specific the presentation of these three elements, the stronger your application will be. The applications which stand out are those where we get a sense of who you are – both personally and professionally.
We’re interested in your journey to date, why you have chosen your particular path to progress, and why working in the Film and TV industry is important to you.